Admissions - Master of Engineering [M.E]
An applicant for admission to M.E Course must have the following qualifications.
- B.E./B.Tech. of Osmania University in the ECE or its equivalent for admission into ME-Embedded Systems and VLSI Design discipline, BE/B.Tech of Osmania University in Mechanical Engineering/Production Engineering or its equivalent for admission into ME-Advanced Design and Manufacturing. OR AMIE/AMIETE or similar qualifications recognized by O.U. as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. and
- Valid GATE Score obtained in the GATE Examination or rank secured in PGECET
The admission to the M.E. course, under "Category A" seats, is through GATE Examination or a State-Level Entrance Test called "Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test" (PGECET), conducted by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- 70% of the seats under "Category A" are filled by the Convener of PGECET based on the rank secured in GATE/ PGECET and as per the rules of reservation in force.
- Fees for "Category A" seats: Rs.57,000/- per annum from the academic year 2010-11.
- 30% of the seats under "Category B" shall be open for admission, first to Sponsored Candidates and vacant seats, if any, to the other eligible candidates based on merit, following the guidelines issued by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh from time to time.
- Fees for “Category B” seats: Rs.1,25,000/- per annum from the academic year 2010-11.
Guidelines for Sponsored Category
- "Sponsored Candidate" means a candidate working in and sponsored (with full pay and allowances for 24 months) by industry/government organizations/private and public enterprises/Engineering colleges recognized by AICTE and possessing two years of professional experience as on the date of receipt of application and also:
- B.E./ B.Tech. degree from a recognized University with 60% aggregate marks in all four years; or
- AMIE and other Associate membership with a valid GATE score/PGECET rank.
- The application shall be duly recommended by the sponsoring agency for admission to the course and forwarded to the Principal, Vasavi College of Engineering, Ibrahimbagh, Hyderabad - 500 031.
- The sponsoring agency shall certify that the candidates will be granted leave for pursuing the M.E. Fulltime course.