DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Department of Physics was established in 1981.
Dr.A.S.Sai Prasad is professor and Head of the Department. All the 5 faculty members are well qualified and experienced. The specializations of the faculty members include electron paramagnetic resonance, materials science, condensed matter physics, luminescence, magnetic fluids, atmospheric sciences etc. The members are actively involved in research work.
The faculty members are actively engaged in research work. More than 40 research papers were published by the faculty in International and national journals of high repute.
- Dr. A.S.Sai Prasad, M.Sc., Ph.D., Professor & HOD
- Dr. P.Venkateswara Rao, M.Sc., M.Phil, Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. V.Ravi Kumar, M.Sc., Ph.D., Associate Professor
- Dr. G. Ramadevudu, M.Sc., Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Sr. Scale)
- Mr. R.Naga Raju, M.Sc.,, Assistant Professor
The Department is spread in an area of 275 Sq.Mtrs to cater to the needs of Classrooms, laboratories and other common facilities. It has two laboratories namely Mechanics lab and Optics Lab having equipment. The instruments include CROS, Optical fibers, lasers, Hall apparatus etc.
There are two laboratories, namely mechanics and optics lab, to meet the requirements of the syllabus prescribed by Osmania University. Care is taken for the regular maintenance of each laboratory through a lab in-charge, assisted by a laboratory assistant and two lab attenders.
- To imbibe the spirit of scientific temper.
- To instill logic and analytical approaching budding engineers.
Department ContactDr.A.S.Sai Prasad
Head of Physics department
040 - 23146092