Computer Science & Engineering [CSE][M.Tech.]
The objective is to train the manpower required
- To meet the industry needs of the country by building technological base in Computer Science and Engineering and by analysing, designing, developing and evaluating high-end computing systems.
- To pursue research in specialized areas by undertaking the challenging projects.
- To meet the growing needs of engineering colleges for trained faculty in Computer Science and Engineering.
- To identify new trends and evaluate emerging technologies.
The programme includes courses covering the core of Computer Science and Engineering discipline and several electives in areas of Intelligent Systems and Knowledge Engineering, High performance Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Theoretical Computer Science, Networks and Distributed Systems and Hardware Systems. The programme focuses on practical implementation of ideas by means of research oriented projects, and the students would get an opportunity to work on leading research topics for their dissertation. Content beyond the syllabus is taught to enhance the logical development skills.
- The Department has well equipped high computing labs, library and e-class rooms.
- Value added courses are offered to the students in the area of Networking (in the form of CISCO Local Academy) to make them techno savvy.
- The department has signed MOU with Microsoft, Infosys, EMC2, CSC, CA, VMWare & IBM in the areas of Corporate Training and Internship programmes.
- Seminars, Webinars and Guest-Lectures are also organized from time to time to update faculty and students with latest Technology.
- We encourage students to take up Professional Body Membership which would help them improve Technical and Soft Skills
Scope for Employment
- Begin as developers and specialists in high-end services and IT product and move-up as architects, technical leads and managers.
- As academicians and researchers in India and abroad.
- As consultants, solutions developers and entrepreneurs.
- World-wide demand for computing specialists in research labs and technology providers.
The department has well-qualified and experienced faculty in the relevant areas of Artificial Intelligence, Data Warehouse & Data Mining, Image Processing, Compile Design, Computer Networks & Distributed Systems, Soft Computing. Most of the faculty are associated with research projects.