DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES
The Department, at present offers courses in English and Economics. It has carved a unique niche by offering various value-added courses. The well established Language Laboratories, supported by 8 members of faculty, makes the Department one of its kind in the state. The Department has carved a niche by offering various value-added courses. They provide training in accent neutralization, soft skills and presentation skills. The Department also provides consulting and training services to industry.
Dr.Jacqueline Amaral is the Head of the Department. The department has 8 faculty members with strong foundations in communications skills and phonetics.
- Dr. Jacqueline Amaral, M.A., P.G.D.T.E., M.Phil., Ph.D., Assistant Professor (Sr. Scale) & HOD
- Ms. G.Meena, M.A., P.G.D.T.E., Assistant Professor (Sr. Scale)
- Ms. M.Jyothi, M.COM,M.Phil., Assistant Professor (Sr.Scale)
- Ms. K. Jhansi Rani, M.A.,P.G.D.T.E, M.Phil., Assistant Professor (Sr. Scale)
- Ms. B.Sheela Rani Simon, M.A, P.G.C.T.E, B.Ed., Assistant Professor
- Mr. T.Sunand Emmanuel, M.A.,P.G.D.T.E., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Ruby Lois, M.A., M.Ed., M.Phil, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
- Dr. Arpita Panda , M.A., M.Phil , Assistant Professor
The Department of English has comprehensive laboratories in an area of 173 Sq.Mts. It provides training in communications and interpersonal skills, accent neutralization, soft skills and presentation skills to mention a few. The Department also provides consulting and training services to industry.
The Phonetics & Interactive communication skills laboratories help students develop English skills, enriching their interpersonal skills, enhancing their confidence levels and marginalizing their first language influence. The English Language Lab is upgraded to Multimedia with 34 computer systems containing Hi-Class platform from Hi Class software, Sky pronunciation suite and LETS DO business, connected speech from Young India. The total cost of major equipment/instruments in the Department is about Rs. 31.00lakhs.
Board of Studies Meeting of the Minutes
- Minutes of 05th meeting of the Board of Studies, dated 31.05.2019
- Minutes of 04th meeting of the Board of Studies, dated 23.05.2018
- Minutes of 03rd meeting of the Board of Studies, dated 11.08.2015
- Minutes of 02nd meeting of the Board of Studies, dated 04.06.2015
- Minutes of 01st meeting of the Board of Studies, dated 05.12.2014
To nurture the budding professionals to face dynamic situations of the business world
- Through training, mentoring, and counseling
- By creating a 'learning rich' environment
Department ContactDr.Jacqueline Amaral
Head of H & SS
040 - 23146094