Department of Civil Engineering
Established in 1981, the Department offers a 4-year B.E.Degree Programme in:
- Civil Engineering, with an annual intake of 60 students.
“To strive for excellence in order to make the students better citizens with technical knowledge and social awareness.”
“To impart knowledge in the latest technologies to the students of civil engineering to fulfil the growing needs of the society.”
The Department has about 19 members of faculty, with 3 Professor(s), 7 Associate Professor(s) and 9 Assistant Professor(s).
|Professor & HOD|
|Dr. B.L.P. Swami|
|Dr. M.V.Rama Rao|
M.Tech., Ph.D, Post Doctoral Fellow
|Dr. G.Shravan Kumar|
|Dr. M.Srinivas |
|Dr. Thalanki Srinivas|
M.Tech., M.Tech. (CSE), Ph.D.
|Mr. S.Vijaya Kumar|
|Dr. K. Jayasree|
|Ms. Kumari Koustuvee|
|Ms. Dhatri P.|
|Ms. Lakshmi Pradep|
|Mr. Hema Venkata Ch|
|Mr. Priya Saideekshith|
|Mr. Y. Naga Mahesh|
|Mr. K. Sai Kumar|
|Mr. Er. Surya Prakash|
The Department has 9 full-fledged Civil Engineering Labs, along with a centre for Geomatics as a value-addition. Two of the laboratories, viz., Fluid Mechanics and Strength of Materials cater to the requirements of the programmes in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The Department also has in its gamut an exclusive computing facility with the latest software in Design, Planning and Management, Remote Sensing, GIS, Land & Water Management, etc.
The students have been consistently securing top University honours among the affiliate colleges and won several prizes in various seminars and quizzes conducted all over the country. The Department of Civil Engineering offers consultancy in Cement, Concrete, Sub-soil Investigation and Transportation Engineering . The Department is recognised as an Authorised Consultant for sub-soil investigations, by Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad.
The College has signed an MoU with SatNav (Satyam Navigation), a GIS company promoted by Satyam Computer Services Limited. The MoU facilitates an industry interface to assist students keep pace with contemporary technologies and practices. It also provides for student training, internship, and final year projects.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To provide a better understanding of basic sciences and fundamentals of civil engineering.
- To develop competence in latest technologies to serve the industry or pursue higher studies.
- To inculcate professionalism with effective communication skills and ethical values.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Analyse and design civil engineering structural systems
- Apply principles of fluid mechanics in solving problems of hydraulic engineering
- Provide transportation engineering solutions to connect any given place integrating the concepts of sustainable development.