Department of Civil Engineering
Established in 1981, the Department offers a 4-year B.E.Degree Programme in:
- Civil Engineering, with an annual intake of 60 students.
“To strive for excellence in order to make the students better citizens with technical knowledge and social awareness.”
“To impart knowledge in the latest technologies to the students of civil engineering to fulfil the growing needs of the society.”
The Department has about 19 members of faculty, with 3 Professor(s), 7 Associate Professor(s) and 9 Assistant Professor(s).
|Professor & HOD|
|Dr. B.L.P. Swami|
|Dr. M.V.Rama Rao|
M.Tech., Ph.D, Post Doctoral Fellow
|Dr. G.Shravan Kumar|
|Dr. M.Srinivas |
|Dr. Thalanki Srinivas|
M.Tech., M.Tech. (CSE), Ph.D.
|Mr. S.Vijaya Kumar|
|Dr. K. Jayasree|
|Ms. Kumari Koustuvee|
|Ms. Dhatri P.|
|Ms. Lakshmi Pradep|
|Mr. Hema Venkata Ch|
|Mr. Priya Saideekshith|
|Mr. Y. Naga Mahesh|
|Mr. K. Sai Kumar|
The Department has 9 full-fledged Civil Engineering Labs, along with a centre for Geomatics as a value-addition. Two of the laboratories, viz., Fluid Mechanics and Strength of Materials cater to the requirements of the programmes in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The Department also has in its gamut an exclusive computing facility with the latest software in Design, Planning and Management, Remote Sensing, GIS, Land & Water Management, etc.
The students have been consistently securing top University honours among the affiliate colleges and won several prizes in various seminars and quizzes conducted all over the country. The Department of Civil Engineering offers consultancy in Cement, Concrete, Sub-soil Investigation and Transportation Engineering . The Department is recognised as an Authorised Consultant for sub-soil investigations, by Municipal Corporation of Hyderabad.
The College has signed an MoU with SatNav (Satyam Navigation), a GIS company promoted by Satyam Computer Services Limited. The MoU facilitates an industry interface to assist students keep pace with contemporary technologies and practices. It also provides for student training, internship, and final year projects.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- To provide a better understanding of basic sciences and fundamentals of civil engineering.
- To develop competence in latest technologies to serve the industry or pursue higher studies.
- To inculcate professionalism with effective communication skills and ethical values.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO’S)
At the end of the programme, the graduates will be able to
- Apply knowledge of basic sciences and engineering in solving the civil engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate and analyze civil engineering problems using the principles of basic sciences and engineering concepts.
- Design civil engineering structures with considerations for public health and safety.
- Perform investigation of complex civil engineering projects using research based knowledge.
- Identify techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practices.
- Acquire knowledge on the societal, legal and cultural issues related to construction.
- Understand the impact of construction of civil engineering structures on environment and design the structures that provide sustainable development.
- Adopt ethical values and professional responsibilities in the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communicate effectively on civil engineering problems, write effective reports and design documents and make effective presentations.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of civil engineering in project management, finance and working in multidisciplinary environments.
- Engage in independent and lifelong learning throughout professional life
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- Analyse and design civil engineering structural systems
- Apply principles of fluid mechanics in solving problems of hydraulic engineering
- Provide transportation engineering solutions to connect any given place integrating the concepts of sustainable development.