Anti Ragging Policy
- ONLINE ANTI RAGGING UNDERTAKING BY STUDENTS AND PARENTS/GUARDIANS BY UGC
- Download Anti Ragging Policy - Student Brochure
Vasavi College of Engineering is aware of the ragging menace in the campuses of colleges and follows the UGC Regulations, Court Directives and State Act in letter and spirit to ban any and all sorts of ragging activities in the campus. Accordingly, it has initiated to take stringent action against the perpetrators by strictly enforcing the measures to prohibit, prevent and punishment for ragging.
Vasavi College of Engineering, in strict compliance with UGC Regulations on Curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, AICTE Notification, 2009, Supreme Court directives, 2007 and Andhra Pradesh Prohibition of Ragging Act, 1997, has decided to frame a Policy to Prohibit and Prevent Ragging Activities in its Campus. It is bound to take a stern view and adopt tough measures on students indulging in any or all forms of ragging.
In the light of above, display of posters and putting up of notices on anti-ragging at all prominent places in and around the college highlighting the need for prevention of ragging and punishments entitled to those indulging in ragging.
The Initiatives of the College to curb the Menace of Ragging are as follows:
- Preparing and Distributing of Publicizing Materials such as posters, brochures and circulars against ragging.
- Display of posters and putting up of notices at all the designated places in the college.
- Obtaining Affidavits, Undertaking forms from all the Students and their Parents.
- Sensitizing all the stake holders with the help of media.
- Organizing Anti – Ragging awareness lectures.
- Measures for Girls’ Security and Appointing Women Teachers as Counselors.
- Ensuring the campus an Alcohol and Smoking Free Zone.
- Making Orientation Programmes Mandatory for Every Department.
- Establishing Mentoring and Counseling Cells at Institutional Level.
- Seeking a Pledge by all the students to make the campus a ‘Ragging Free Zone’.