Department of Information Technology
Department VisionTo be a centre of excellence in core Information Technology and multidisciplinary learning and research, where students get trained in latest technologies for professional and societal growth.
Department MissionTo enable the students acquire skills related to latest technologies in IT through practice- oriented teaching and training.
The IT department was established in the year 2000. It offers a 4 year undergraduate programme B.E. in Information Technology with an annual intake of 180 students. The curriculum of I.T. emphasizes the ongoing Convergence of Computers, Communications and Control Systems.
The programme ensures that the student effectively meets the highest benchmarks of competence required by the industry. The students of our department have been selected by leading domestic and multinational companies like Microsoft, Teradata, CTS, Accenture, Capital IQ, Oracle, Pega Systems, TCS, and Infosys to name a few in the campus recruitment programmes.
- One week OUTREACH PROGRAMME on IT Essentials:PC Hardware, Software and Networking for RURAL YOUTH (8th March, 2021 – 13th March, 2021) Organized by DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Registration Form for Outreach Programme
- The HoD and staff congratulate Ms. B. Advitha (H.T. No. 1602-18-737-004) student of B.E. III-Year V-Semester, Information Technology on her achievement for securing an Internship in Adobe.
- The HoD and staff congratulate Ms. B. Mahalakshmi (H.T. No. 1602-18-737-080) student of B.E. III-Year V-Semester, Information Technology on her achievement for securing an Internship in Google.
- The HoD and staff congratulate Mr. B. Shubham Singh (H.T. No. 1602-15-737-045), Mr. Abishek Vanam (1602-15-737-002) & Mr. Shishir H (1602-15-737-098) students of B.E. IV Year I-Semester Information Technology on their achievement on winning 2nd Prize (Rs. 2 Lacs) in MasterCode-A National Level Coding and Hackathon Contest held by Cognizant on 11th August, 2018 at Hyderabad.
- The HoD and staff congratulate the following students of B.E. IV Year I-Semester Information Technology on their achievement on winning 1st Prize (One MacBook Pro for each student) and 3rd Prize (Bluetooth Speakers for each student) in KONY-AMWAY App Playground Hackathon (36 Hrs) held on 19-21 July, 2018 at VCE.
- Department has a consistent placement record of 90% and above over the last 3 years with a highest pay package of ₹ 21 LPA.